It seems like the general consensus surrounding blogs, is that they are time consuming and tedious to complete on top of all the other work you have to do for your business. However, we’ve decided to point out exactly why writing a blog regularly is beneficial for your business.
- A blog is a simple and easy way of engaging your audience and customers with relevant information they’d be interested in. You can use it as a direct channel to communicate with your clients. It is also fantastic to share over other social media platforms to reach more possible clients and draw their attention to your website and your work.
- One of the best bits about a blog, is that it fuels the SEO for your entire website. In other words, Google loves valuable content, and will reward regular blogging with a spot higher up on their first page of search results.
- You don’t have to be a computer nerd or a professional IT technician to blog. Many platforms like WordPress are user friendly and anyone can do it. The fact your business presents a regular blog, helps boost confidence in clients and increases your sales; customers will look to you as a reliable source of information, and come to you to buy. (According to a HubSpot survey: 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers.)
- Blogging gives your company a voice. It creates a new place to talk about products or services, or even just new topics of interest to yourself (as long as there’s a slight relation to your industry)! A blog allows your brand’s personality to shine, and adds a humanistic touch to your world of business. Plus, you can show off your expertise! How else will you position yourself as a subject area expert?!
- A blog creates a two-way conversation with customers and peers by encouraging interaction, comments, and feedback. Make sure you reply to all comments! This also allows you an insight into your audience. Blog analytics will allow you to track readers and see which topics are most popular with your audience.
- It keeps you focused and makes you think from a customer perspective, giving you a broader view on your business and helps you stay ahead of your competitors. It helps your company lead, not follow others. Blogging is a cost-effective marketing investment; every post you publish is a long term asset that will build your brand awareness and promote you expertise, products and services.
So it’s not just a word document you have to come up with every week or month… It’s so much more than that! We predict the blogging aspect of business is soon to take off, so make sure you keep ahead of the game by publishing a regular blog, and drawing more people in to your business. You might even start to look forward to writing it as you’ll be getting inspired even by walking down the street! If you ‘d like a few more tips on blog writing itself, check out our Pinterest page full of website and blogging tips and tricks.